Campus Opening and Important Dates
Q: Important dates:
A: For new students/enrolments 2020
|1 Sept – 30 Sept 2020||Virtual Learning Sessions||Online Learning|
|1 October onwards (Tentatively)||On Campus||Classes will commence on Campus. Students, who are unable to visit the campus, will have an option to continue learning online.|
|Jan 2021 – May 2021||Semester 2||Campus learning|
For Current Students
|1 Sept – 30 Sept 2020||Virtual Learning Sessions||Online Learning|
|1 October onwards (Tentatively)||On Campus||Classes will commence on Campus. Students who are unable to visit the campus, will have an option to continue learning online.|
|Jan 2021 – May 2021||Semester 2||Campus learning|
*Campus opening is subjective to permissions from Govt. of Karnataka / BNU.
Q: When will BSD resume the session at campus?
A: For new enrolments: BSD will commence the new academic session for new students from 9 September 2020 and the mode of classes will be Virtual Learning Sessions.
For existing students: The new academic session for existing students will begin from 2 September 2020 and the mode of classes will be Virtual Learning Sessions.
On Campus learning will commence as per the schedule shared above basis when the Govt. of India lifts the lockdown on educational institutions. New seating matrix, staggered classes/lab timings, different library rules, revamped hostels and canteens, would be a part of students’ socially distant lives in college whenever classroom learning resumes. Until then, entire learning will be online.
Q: Will there be classes in Bangalore?
A: Yes, the classes at Bangalore campus will commence as per schedule. The session will begin from 2 September 2020 for old batch, 9 September 2020 for new batch and all classes will also be held online.
Classroom learning will commence as per the schedule shared above basis when the Govt. of India lifts the lockdown on educational institutions. New seating matrix, staggered classes/lab timings, different library rules, revamped hostels and canteens, would be part of students’ socially distant lives in college whenever classroom learning resumes. Until then, the learning will be online.
ONLINE VS. CAMPUS LEARNING
Q: What is the Virtual Learning Session?
A: There will be online classes, webinars, masterclasses as per the curriculum and personalized mentoring sessions as per a student’s needs. Bangalore School of Design will also provide them with essentials like ‘Design from Home’ kit to create a home studio. It will include essentials for an Interior Design class, Graphic Design, etc. based on the requirement of the semester. This initiative has been taken to ensure that students do not miss on practical projects and hands-on experiences due to lack of resources.
- Through creative team assignments, they will get to display their creative talent using latest technologies for design.
- They will also get to learn new skills.
Q: What is On-Campus Learning?
- This is when classes will commence on Campus from 1 October onwards* for new and existing students.
- Students who are unable to visit the campus, will have an option to continue learning online.
- Classes will be held on campus all 7 days/ week.
- Deep cleaning & sanitization of all common areas will be carried out between every day.
- Focus will be on providing extra studio, practical hours while maintaining proper safety, hygiene and social distancing norms.
- Winter break will be reduced to 1 week.*
*The dates are subjective to changes and announcement made by Govt of Karnataka / BNU.
The semester is planned in a manner that ensures safety of our students along with highest quality of learning experience.
Q: Will VLS teaching continue after lockdown is lifted?
- A: Yes, VLS learning will continue even after the lockdown is lifted. Once the lockdown on educational institutions is lifted by the Govt. of India, classroom learning will resume. However, those students who are unable to visit the campus will have the option to continue online learning.Leveraging the digital learning expertise, BSD integrated the ‘Blended Learning’ pedagogy one years ago in its teaching practice. The pedagogy encompasses effective teaching and learning practices from both face-to-face and online delivery. This enables students to:
- Access sections of their course modules (topics that have been online) anytime anywhere.
- Collaborate online through discussion forums and submit assignments.
- View faculty feedback etc. achievement of the Academy’s mission and strategic plans at corporate and centre levels.
This will ensure continuous learner engagement even beyond the classroom hours and will enable them to drive their individual learning experiences. Students who are unable to visit the campus, online learning sessions will continue for them.
Students opting for Online learning mode for the 1st semester will have to come to campus 15-20 days prior to the semester examination to conclude assignments, present project works, attend practical’s & attend semester examination.
Q: Due to the lockdown, how is BSD ensuring that students don’t miss their classes?
- A: Our students are currently engaged with the best learning experience through VLS classes with latest google classroom to make the classes interactive and useful. Students are getting practical exposure through working on different projects using digital platforms, interactions with the best in the Industry.
BSD provides education that goes beyond the books and incorporates new-age learning methods for the holistic development of our students.
Q: If online classes continue for a long period, do you think the final product (successful students) would be same as campus based learning?
- A: Even though classroom teaching is temporarily on hold, we are making sure that learning here at Bangalore School of Design carries on as usual with the help of technology, innovation and the commitment of our faculty. We have taken our entire education online and we are joined by our international and industry collaborators to ensure our students get the best possible creative exposure and opportunities like before.All our modules have made a seamless transition to the web – live lab demos, virtual project development, guest and international modules.
Our Students are currently engaged with best learning experience through online classes with latest software to make the classes interactive and useful. Students are getting practical exposure through working on different projects using digital platforms, interactions with the best in the Industry.
- Holding international masterclasses, modules, workshops & sessions as usual with some of the biggest global universities.
Organizing exclusive industry facing learning sessions in collaboration with apex organisations and companies.
Q: For the new batch starting 2020, will the teaching be completely online? How about practical (no lab facilities at home / study trips / internships / library. If so, for how long?
A: For the new batch, the teaching will start with online sessions. As the Govt. of India lifts the lockdown on educational institutions, the classroom learning will resume and thereafter, will be a mix of classroom and online learning.
BSD has developed an Enhanced VLS, wherein, we will support all the students in setting up a ‘home-studio’ with a ‘Design from home kit’ where they can practice hands-on skills that they learn in classroom.
Students will be asked to come to campus prior to their examination to submit assignments, present project to jury, practical/studio learning. Upon completion the above mentioned, student will be permitted to write semester examination.
It our responsibility to make sure the necessary skill set is learnt during the online classes and this is a temporary solution for 1st semester student of 2020 batch.
FLEXI-FEE PAYMENT PLAN
Q: Is there any relaxation on fee payment?
In this difficult time, we want to reassure you that we understand and care about your education, and economic stability. To enable you to fulfil your dream of a world class creative education with Bangalore School of Design, a flexi-fee payment plan has been introduced:
- Low initial payment: You can now block your seat by paying just INR 25,000 and pay the balance by as mentioned in the offer letter
|Fee Payment Options||Upfront Payment||Balance Payment|
|Option 1||25000/- Confirmation / Registration fee||As per offer letter- relax payment slab mentioned in the offer letter|
|Option 2||25000/- Confirmation / Registration Fee||Education loan @ 0 %. Balance payment to be paid in monthly EMI starts from September 2020|
Q: Can the fee be paid in easy EMI’s?
- Bangalore School of Design is offering a longer duration easy fee payment EMI plan for the entire academic year through Eduvanz, the leading financial institution, with easy monthly instalments and the below advantages:
- Easy paperless online application on https://eduvanz.com/ with quick approvals.
- Upfront deposit payment of only INR 25,000 followed by 12 simple monthly instalments at low interest rates of 0% – 8% to cover the full year’s fee payment.
- For example: if your fee payable is INR 1,50,000:
- Upfront payment would be INR 25,000.
- And balance amount can be paid in 12 equal instalments of INR 10,400 (approx.).
(*) For more details on the easy EMI fee payment plan you can contact them at +91 984577900 / + 91 7204006339 / firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTH & SAFETY IN CAMPUS
Q. About health & safety measures taken by BSD to safe guard students and employees.
Infrastructure indicates BSD’s campus.
- Cleanliness & Operational Readiness.
- Access Control & Health Screening.
- Social Distancing.
- Workplace Layout.
- Medical Readiness.
PEOPLE & BEHAVIOUR
Helping students and employees to manage the uncertainty of the current situation and ensuring their health and safety.
- Mitigate Anxiety.
- Students/employees Expectations & Monitoring.
- Engagement Activities.
- Technology Intervention.
- Workplace Etiquette changes.
CAMPUS RESTORATION PLAN
BSD plans to restore its campuses and classroom learning when the Govt. of India lifts lockdown on educational institutions, by implementing the below measures:
Step 1: Campus Infrastructure Restoration
- Ensure readiness of HVAC, ESS, STP, Fire Systems, Water works, UPS and Lifts.
Basic cleaning of Hostels, cafe, huddle spaces, common areas, Classrooms & Labs, meeting rooms & washrooms.
- Deep cleaning offices/ classrooms/ labs / meeting rooms & hostels.
- Utility checks: Water storage tanks, roof top water tank & watercoolers cleaning, restart STPs.
Sanitization/ Disinfection with UV
- Labs/ ESS/ Panels & pumps (UV).
- Computers/ Laptops & IT eqpt (UV).
- Washrooms / pantries / kitchens (Sanitizers + UV).
- Hostels, MI Room.
- All outside areas, entrances, basements & boundary walls.
Step 2: Campus Come back Plan: Managing Psychological Shift
Campus Access Protocol
- Thermal Screening of students, faculty/staff, outsourced staff & visitors.
- On-line submission of self-declaration forms one day prior.
- All passengers will dismount except drivers for thermal screening.
Step 3: Health & Emotional Safety Management
- Re-arrangement of seating in classrooms, offices, hostels, labs & café.
- Maintain 6 ft. seating in offices and meeting rooms.
- Masks to be worn by all.
- PPE’s for workers & medical staff.
- Isolation rooms at campus & hostels.
- Initiate telemedicine concept.
- Specialist e-consultation & lab tie-up.
- Provision of medicine on demand.
- Clear process on dealing with all COVID cases (day scholars & hostellers).
Implementing sanitization and dis-infection procedures:
- No Bio-metric (finger touch) swiping for attendance.
- Use of touchless technology.
- No water through water coolers. All students & staff to bring their own water. Only packaged water available on sale at campus.
- Cleaning of all water tanks and testing the water quality (at outlet) for bacteriological contaminants & monitoring.
- Lift & elevators protocols.
- Entire office premises to have at least one round of pesticide control activity before resuming the office.
- Appropriate PPE like Face covers, Masks, Goggles, Gloves, Coats, Shoes & appropriate disinfecting gadgets for medical staff & security / HK teams.
- Display board regarding the procedure of disinfection shall be displayed at entrances / prominent places.
The chemical having quaternary ammonium, sodium hypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide as active ingredient should be used for area disinfection. A consent from all parents for all students before they join college will be mandatory.