STUDENT : TEACHER RATIO
10+2 /PUC Pass
(with English) from any Recognized Board
Bengaluru North University
The furniture industry carries multiple opportunities for a creative and talented set of minds. Furniture designing is based on techniques and tools for hard material designing. Students pursuing Furniture Design are required to possess planning, visualisation and cognitive abilities. Students have a wide spectrum of scope and a secured future after the completion of a design course in furniture design.
- What is Furniture Design? Types.
- A Brief Evolution of Furniture Design/History.
- What is Ergonomics and how it governs Furniture Design.
- Types of Furniture used extensively in Residential Interiors, Commercial Interiors
- A Brief on Layouts in Interiors
- Brief introduction into materials used in the manufacturing of furniture and exploring them.
- Detail presentation of two furniture: A sofa and a table.
- Introduction into various fabrics in furniture, the advantages and disadvantages of them in various climates.
- Insight into Custom and Modular furniture where it is applicable.
- Listening to a Talk by a Furniture Maker
- Future in Furniture Design and growth /A brief
- A brief into Furniture Designer as a Profession, an exposure to famous highly regarded companies
- Importance of “Exploring Design Solutions” in designs and layouts.
- A brief introduction to precision hand-drawing skills
- Importance of sketching, 3d Visual Communication and Problem solving on drawing board.
- To provide the fundamentals of wood working and its application to furniture emphasizing precision and craft skill.
- Wooden Chair: As a challenging form, examining, dissecting, and designing one.
- To provide an introduction to metal fabrication techniques through Metal Studio Videos.
- Technology in furniture Design and understanding its impact in creating powerful parametric 3D modeling techniques.
- Presentation of images of physical prototypes developed by laser cutters and CNC
- Prototype Presentation of furniture in wood and metal designed and developed by Faculty.
- Open Material Library on display with a brief on types of Joineries
- Q and A Session on Furniture with an Industry expert.
- An Aptitude test with multiple-choice questions.
- Issue of “Certificate” commending your completion of the “Certificate Program in Furniture Design.”