International Professional Diploma in Graphics Design + UI & UX
With an emphasis on Design, this course helps students develop a creative, innovative and unique approach to graphic design. Our learning methodologies and industry tailored curriculum help students develop design skills and a form of artistic expression that is compatible in a new-age scenario. The course is designed with an equal emphasis on all the core functions of graphic design & UI / UX design. Students who take this course are provided with a one-stop solution to efficiently tackle design obstacles while simultaneously figuring out advanced strategies to augment their visual communication skills.
The program starts with a basic overview of design that is established to embed the foundation for one to become a Design Thinker or Strategist. It aims to develop one’s fundamentals and build a strong base across various key modules like ‘Principles of Design’, ‘Design Thinking’ & ‘Interface Design’ will introduce and provide conceptual, theoretical, and applied knowledge for Graphic Design & UI / UX. Students will also learn the basics of Communication Design, Advertising and its impact across industries, along with key research methods, the analytical ability to investigate consumers & markets, and attaining broad understanding of techniques involved in the analysis of markets & usability.
The Academic Partnership with College De Paris – Ecole Conte gives an immense knowledge and an opportunity to learn distinct cultural perspectives, boost in employability, and it’s unique curriculum approaches through theoretical frameworks combined with applied learning. This method not only informs and enhances the practice but also encourages students to question the norms and scale traditional boundaries. This multi modal approach provides a coherent conceptual base and insights that can work effectively to address rapidly changing global and local markets. Upon graduation, students receive Professional Diploma in Graphic Design & UI/UX Design from College De Paris.
Our students begin to consolidate their learnings from Graphics Design & UI & UX modules and apply it to solve design problems and bring solutions to real world problems. The program revolves around multiple projects and project-based learning is practiced throughout the program. Industry leaders are linked through the curriculum to ideate on live projects & contribute their design solutions to the industry. This will give a unique opportunity to students, who can critically evaluate, reflect, and perform effectively in a professional environment.
INTRODUCTION TO GRAPHIC DESIGN
- FOUNDATIONS OF STUDIO DESIGN
- COMMUNICATION DESIGN
- BASIC ARTISTRY
- COLOR GRAPHICS
- TYPOGRAPHY VOCABULARY
HISTORY OF GRAPHIC DESIGN
- SYMBOLIC REPRESENTATIONS
- ART NOUVEAU IN GRAPHIC DESIGN
- EVOLUTION OF THE ALPHABET AND LETTER FORM DESIGN
- HISTORY OF WRITTEN COMMUNICATION WITH VISUAL EXAMPLES
VISUAL DESIGN – I
- DESIGN PROCESS AND PRINCIPLES
- GRAPHIC INTERPRETATION
- WHITE SPACE
- LOGO TYPE DESIGN
UI & UX DESIGN – I
- FOUNDATION OF UI & UX
- DESIGN THINKING
- IDENTITY DESIGN
PHOTOGRAPHY – I
- OVER VIEW OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- BASIC TOOLS
- ONLINE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS – I
- PHOTOSHOP 1.
- ILLUSTRATOR 1.
- INDESIGN 1.
OUTCOME OF Semester ONE:
- A definition of graphic design
- An introduction to pivotal historic and contemporary designers.
- An introduction to the various specialities included in the graphic design profession.
- An introduction to online design resources that will inspire and enrich student’s education throughout the Module. – A working knowledge of design elements and how to use them.
- A working knowledge of design principles and how to use them.
- An introduction to design vocabulary needed to evaluate solutions and communicate as a designer.
- Ability to manipulate space to communicate specific objectives.
- An understanding of vocabulary, resolution and file formats.
- An understanding of the creative process.
- DESIGN IN ADVERTISING.
- LAYOUT DESIGN.
- STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS.
VISUAL DESIGN – II
- LOGO TYPE DESIGN – ADVANCED. – TYPOGRAPHIC DESIGN.
- WEBSITE DESIGN.
- VECTOR ANIMATION.
VISUAL DESIGN – III
- DESIGN PROCESS AND PRINCIPLES. – GRAPHIC INTERPRETATION.
- WHITE SPACE.
- LOGO TYPE DESIGN.
UI & UX DESIGN – II
- FUSER RESEARCH AND METHODS.
- INFORMATION AND INTERACTION DESIGN . – USER INTERFACE DESIGN.
- USABILITY EVALUATION
PHOTOGRAPHY – II
- STUDIO STYLE SHOOT.
- PHOTO ADVERTISING DESIGN.
- ONLINE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY.
- INTRODUCTION TO GRAPHIC DESIGN JOB RESOURCES. – IDENTITY SYSTEM.
- IMPACTFUL PORTFOLIO.
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS – II
- PHOTOSHOP 2.
- ILLUSTRATOR 2.
- INDESIGN 2.
OUTCOME OF Semester TWO:
- A knowledge of the evolution of the alphabet & letter-forms.
- A knowledge of the history of typographic design.
- An introduction to typographic vocabulary needed to communicate as a typographic designer. – Ability to classify the different classifications of typography.
- A knowledge of different types of colour perception.
- The ability to crop and manipulate photographs to enhance meaning
- A single design project will be alloted towards each sem module (semester) under visual design.
- Workshops/Factory visits will be scheduled during the duration of each module (semester).
- Industry experts will be slotted for work presentations and interactive sessions duriing the modules.
STUDENT : TEACHER RATIO